It's been a HOT MINUTE. Here's what's cookin'
- Migrated about 600 podcasters who bought our Ultimate Podcast Planning Checklist course to our new platform (and revamped course).
- Taught classes on AI, attracting leads, content repurposing, and marketing themes — Join the Strategic Marketing Membership.
- Moved from ActiveCampaign (who tripled its pricing) to MailerLite. 💙
- And… spiffed up the patio because summer is finally here in Portland. 🤘
AI Marketing Isn't Going Anywhere: Diversify
Unless you're been on vacation in outer Mongolia, you've probably heard at least some mumbling about AI.
Rather than give you a rundown of all the cool ways to use AI to amplify your message, let's talk about what it means for your marketing OVERALL.
Balance, Balance, Balance
If your current marketing strategy involves going 'all-in' on one tactic (social, SEO, email, ads), now is the time to diversify. This doesn't mean you need to stress yourself out doing ALL.THE.THINGS. ... BUT it does mean balancing things out so your marketing is more resilient to the AI storm.
(PS. this is a solid tactic regardless of AI)
Why? Because in addition to the marketing shifts caused by AI, social media has been strange? unsettled? shifting? ... for about a year, and it's not stopping anytime soon.
- Instagram now allows GIFs in comments
- Instagram Stories coming soon to a scheduling tool near you
- Instagram Collaborators: creators can invite fellow creators, guests or friends to join their broadcast channel
- Montana becomes the first US state to ban TikTok but it’s only unlawful for Google and Apple’s app stores to offer TikTok, no penalties for using the app
- Twitter Blue subscribers can upload two hour videos (WHY???)
- YouTube stops deleting videos from inactive accounts
What we're watching....
Bing and Perplexity are closing the gap on Google. Oh! And chat search could make it more challenging for small/local businesses to get found on Google.
Our take: until AI becomes more robust, this primarily affects top of the funnel blogs (vague, high-level how-to's) — navigational content — not meaty, transactional/conversion content (e.g., product comparisons, testimonials) or highly-relevant, expertise-driven content.
Be mindful of where you're spending your marketing time (and resources).
Avoid putting all your eggs in one basket.
Lean on your expertise, or secret sauce and you'll be rewarded for it.
💌 That's a wrap.
You enjoyed this newsletter, please share it.
You have a question or comment (or want to say hi!), hit reply.
See you again next week.
Have a great day,
P.S. Ready To Work Together? Here are 3 ways to receive support:
Marketing Consulting, confidence-boosting guidance with a patient teacher, action-oriented goal-setting, and accountability in a safe, confidential space.
Get a Marketing Blueprint to position your business for future growth.
Join my Marketing Membership because marketing alone stinks — set your goals, get support, and dedicated time to work.