Sometimes, when I'm in the shower, I think my best.
This morning, I pondered realizations since starting a business and patterns I've noticed among clients.
Here's what applies to most business owners.
10 Things You Need to Know
- Business goals are big. Marketing goals support business goals. If you need help connecting the two, join me Thursday at Create a Marketing Strategy to Support Your Business Goals.
- Marketing and sales are different. Do they overlap? Sometimes. Are they the same? No.
- Listening to people's problems and responding with value will beat a pre-fab, one-size-fits-all sales pitch and proposal all.day.long.
- Build your email list early and keep at it for the life of your business.
- When 'you're not getting anything out of social media,' first consider whether you'd read what you're sharing; then ask if the content supports your business goals.
- If you've answered the same question three times, that's a course, a product, a blog, or something you need to communicate better (e.g., your offerings).
- Write down the questions you receive during presentations. The answers are great lead magnets. Or products. Or insights into your ideal clients.
- Words matter—A LOT (part 1). Use the words people respond to, and provide what will help most. My people respond to strategy (and hate planning, although I continue writing about it). I guide clients through strategy infused with planning.
- Words matter—A LOT (part 2). When you're blocked, use a different word to describe the task. For example, I love presentations. Courses feel daunting unless I tell myself it's a presentation. Then it gets done.
- Suppose this doesn't resonate with you. IGNORE IT. Ignore most things. You know more than you realize.
Believe in yourself. 💙
💌 That's a wrap.
You enjoyed the newsletter, please share it.
You have a question or comment (or want to say hi!), hit reply.
See you again next week.
Have a great day,
P.S. Ready To Work Together? Here are 3 ways to receive support:
Marketing Consulting, confidence-boosting guidance with a patient teacher, action-oriented goal-setting, and accountability in a safe, confidential space.
Get a Marketing Blueprint to position your business for future growth.
Join my Marketing Membership because marketing alone stinks — set your goals, get support, and dedicated time to work.