Table of contents
Profitable Email List
You know you need an email list and maybe you’ve even started building one. But how do you build it up and make it profitable? How do you automate emails and when should you send them out? What are the 3 automated emails you must send?
This episode will help the unsure entrepreneurs who know they should grow their list and send emails, but they need guidance and motivation to get started.
- How to start building a profitable email list
- How to automate emails
- 3 automated emails you must send to welcome subscribers and save yourself time
- 2 ongoing emails to send to keep your email list (and leads!) warm
A typical customer onboarding sequence is when someone comes in as a lead, you automate emails to nurture the lead. Then, if you decide to work together, automate sending a contract, invoice and next steps. — Jen
If you're promoting a big event or offer, you will want to send every day or sometimes more than once a day. Otherwise, stick to once a week. Otherwise, you'll overwhelm people with information. — Shelley
Watch the Show
Listen to the Show
Breaking Marketing News
- Hubspot announces significant investment into Jasper (AI writing tool)
- Content Marketing Institute's take (aligned with our viewpoint):
Marketing Software Review: Pipedrive CRM
People ask me about the 'best CRM' all the time. Selecting a CRM (customer relationship management) is wholly based on your individual business needs.
For example, one of the best CRMs available is Square. If that's your sole payment processor, it may be your best bet.
If you have an email marketing system (e.g., ActiveCampaign) that includes a CRM, that could be easiest because all of your emails and sales information are in one place.
This week's show, we highlighted Pipedrive.
- Can get expensive if you need the add-on features (e.g., leads, documents, campaigns, etc.)
- Some integrations are great, others not so great (or require Zapier/Pabbly)
If you have a question, software or something you want us to cover, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” — Zig Ziglar
Focus on being the best person you can be in the present moment. On doing the right thing, right now. Be good and noble now—while it still matters.
Can I do the right thing and not care about credit?
This is difficult because we all want to get paid for our efforts. That’s why it is so challenging to start your own business and stick with it when you are not making any money in the beginning. But if I keep practicing what I do and offering value to anybody who is interested, it will pay off.
I believe that is true and I look for the joy along the way to keep going.
Connect with Us
- Podcast hosting: Captivate (affiliate link)
- Livestream: StreamYard (Shelley's referral link)
- Music: Uppbeat.io
Connect with Jen
Brought to you by Women Conquer Business
- Connect with Jen McFarland
- Women Conquer Business marketing consultancy
Connect with Shelley
Engineered by AGK Media Studio
- Connect with Shelley Carney
- Schedule a free consultation with AGK Media Studio
- New Mexico Day Trips